Sunday, May 23, 2010

Amazing Grace

Man...I've had that song running through my head all day. I've been thinking about getting baptized in the bay for a while now and finally went through with it. Nothing was really holding me back from doing it before, but I recently decided it was time for me to just go ahead and do it...and I'm so glad I did. I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to get baptized this morning when I woke up (just b/c you usually have to give them some notice) but it turned out I was able to. Anyways, I woke up this morning and usually I spend my hour or so getting ready in just complete silence...I'm just really not a morning person and don't like to listen to the news cause it stresses me out in the mornings and don't like listening to all the talking on the radio stations...so I just get ready in the quiet. Well, today I decided to turn on one of the christian radio stations and it was nothing but worship songs this morning. As I sat on my floor getting ready I couldn't help but just be filled w/ tears and just keep praying "God, thank you that your mercy is new EVERY morning...not just when you feel like giving us mercy, but EVERY morning. It is only by YOUR grace that I am saved...thank you God, thank you!" Literally I had my own worship service before I even got to church, and then our worship this morning was SOOOO good, it just made my day even better. I just spent the day relaxing, praying and really thinking about how good God is. Sometimes our lives aren't how we want them, i.e things don't happen when we want them to and things happen when we don't want them to...things turn out differently then we planned and sometimes it gets us down, but the fact of the matter is...every day is good because we are saved by God's grace. I'm definitely preaching to myself on this one b/c I know in the past year or two I've really struggled with "God...this isn't how I planned for my life to be...why aren't you making my life turn out the way I planned?"...and the reason is, because that's not what he wants or has planned for my life. He has something so much better then I can even imagine. How dare I question why God is or isn't doing certain things in my life. Anyways, all that to say I DID get baptized today out in the bay and it was beautiful. It ended perfectly too by us all walking back towards the dock and singing Amazing Grace together. What better song to sing after being baptized then amazing grace? "I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see...how precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed." How perfect! I posted some pics from it on my facebook...go check 'em out! And thank God for his amazing grace that he gives us EVERY morning!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Megan! I'm sure it was beautiful! God will bring just the right things for you at just the right time... I mean, now you get to work with me, how perfect is that?! ;) See you in about 8 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His grace is amazing!! I am so proud of you. You have your priorities right where God wants them to be. Just bask in His love!! Love you! Ms. Sheila and Mr. Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. This needs a like button :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO true! Took the words right out of my mouth for this past year. It's amazing to stop and look back at times when my plan crumbled so that God's could be built. You think I would learn to not build my own in the first place. I digress. Anyhoo...very encouraging! :)

    And YAY on your baptism! What a beautiful, meaningful intimate itme with God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan, you are richly blessed. But we live in a fallen world which often doesn't cooperate with God's designs.
    I'm so happy that you were baptized and more happy that you remain faithful to God and true to your ideals and values.

    ReplyDelete

Meg's Picks

http://www.jango.com/music/Casting+Crowns?l=0

Oh Glorious Day!-Casting Crowns
Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Florida girl trying to find my place in this world, while seeking my Savior and discovering who I am in Him and the unconditional love and grace that he so lavishly pours on me.