Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My To-Do's for the summer!

I know most people have fall/spring cleaning (and times in between) where they clean things out, start fresh, etc...or it might even be New Years when they feel the need to make things new, improve upon some things or just re-organize. For me, its usually in the summer, once the exhaustion from the spring has died down and just before the excitement of fall comes. A friend of mine and I always make lists of things we want to accomplish, need to accomplish, etc. SO...upon my list was a variety of things...some of which needed to be done, some of which I wanted to do and some of which I felt I should do. Here's my example: clean out/organize my closet, compliment people more (I often think the compliments but don't ever speak them...what good does that do?), be a better friend, keep my word, clean out my refrigerator, try harder to think before I speak, set a budget and stick to it, etc. I guess I would consider myself as one of those people that is always trying to better themselves...although it doesn't always work and I slip up or just get lazy, I always have goals for myself. I read another friend's blog recently who had just got done organizing a room in her house and I loved the words she put..."every time I see it, my insides jump up and down." That's how I feel right about now...my house is completely organized, clean, etc and I feel as though I'm starting to accomplish the other things on my list as well (complimenting, trying to be a better friend, etc). As of right now and this time in my life...my insides are jumping up and down...getting ready to graduate in 10 months, the excitement/stress of looking for a "big girl job" and all that is in between! What's on your list?!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I'd have to make a list of things to do/accomplish. And I could make a list of godly, Christian disciple goals. Usually do it after the Christmas season, near the turn of the year...

    ReplyDelete

Meg's Picks

http://www.jango.com/music/Casting+Crowns?l=0

Oh Glorious Day!-Casting Crowns
Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Florida girl trying to find my place in this world, while seeking my Savior and discovering who I am in Him and the unconditional love and grace that he so lavishly pours on me.