Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I don't know what I like best!



Man, this place is beautiful! Over the past week I've found something each day to set aside in my mind as something I found beautiful, so I thought I'd share them with you:
Watching a deer in the field at dusk
Taking a walk in the woods and feeling nothing but the warmth of the sun on your back
Seeing an old church that's standing alone and has been for years
Seeing a neighbor bring something over that they thought you'd like to have
Watching kids play in a nearby park, running through the water and laughing so hard you think they're cheeks must hurt
Driving down a lone highway and seeing the sun's rays beam through the clouds
Walking down a street in downtown Ann Arbor and smelling different flowers at every street corner.
On the way back to the house this afternoon I just stared out the window looking at the sun beaming through the clouds and noticing the contrast of the bright blue sky to the green corn stalks and thinking how beautiful it was. How great our God is, how beautiful his creation is and how blessed I am to share in it. This week I've had some firsts...first time seeing a ground hog, first time seeing a deer in my front yard, first time eating pizza from somewhere other than the common Dominoes, Hungry Howies, etc. First time visiting Ann Arbor and although I've enjoyed all of these things...there's some things I've had the chance to repeat...like taking a long drive with my dad while talking the whole way and reminiscing as I take in the smell of his coffee-smelling truck and realizing how long its been since we had one of "those" talks or caught up with an old friend and gone right back to the way it used to be, or sitting down with my family for a home cooked meal (man I miss those...one of the perks of living w/ your parents). No matter what it was I experienced this week, whether a "first" or a recurrence of a pasttime, I've enjoyed it all and can't wait to come back! Tomorrow we will leave and take our 16 hour drive back to Panama City...hopefully I will find things to enjoy in Panama City as much as I've enjoyed things in Ann Arbor, Chicago and just this house! Thought I'd share some pics of this past week~

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing trip! I love those kind. I love experiencing new things and being stopped in my tracks because of God's artwork. Lately, I have found myself doing that a lot here in Panama City. When it happens, I never seem to have my camera handy, but I don't mind because I know no picture could do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Hopefully you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete

Meg's Picks

http://www.jango.com/music/Casting+Crowns?l=0

Oh Glorious Day!-Casting Crowns
Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Florida girl trying to find my place in this world, while seeking my Savior and discovering who I am in Him and the unconditional love and grace that he so lavishly pours on me.