Thursday, January 20, 2011

LOVE



So...just by the title, what do you think this post is going to be about?! You guessed it!...LOVE! One of the most popular scriptures that comes to mind when thinking about LOVE is 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 where it says,

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Every time I read this scripture I automatically think about how I can apply that to my relationship with the ones I love most in life...especially when a significant other is involved, but it wasn't until this past Wednesday that I found a whole new meaning behind it. I TRY to exercise regularly and one of the places I love to do this, is at a nearby bridge. I LOVE to walk on this old bridge, especially toward the end of the day, when the sun is about to set and everything looks and feels calm.

While walking the other day, I was thinking about this scripture and it dawned on me...I've never (just being honest) thought about this scripture as it relates to God. And my prayer suddenly became, "God...if I love you like I say I do...help me to be patient with you, God...if I love you like I say I do, help me not to be self-seeking about the things I'm concerned with in my life...God, if I love you like I say I do, help me to always trust in you and that ultimately if I love you like I say I do, I know that YOUR love will always protect me and will always persevere...even when I feel like times tend to be rough and there's no answers in sight! So thank you God, thank you for your unfailing LOVE!" It never fails that no matter how many times you read God's word, you get something different out of it EVERY TIME!...Isn't God and his word amazing?!? And to be honest, I don't know if I'll ever think of this scripture in any other way than pertaining solely to God!

1 comment:

  1. I wish that I were as close to God, loving God, and trusting God as you are.

    ReplyDelete

Meg's Picks

http://www.jango.com/music/Casting+Crowns?l=0

Oh Glorious Day!-Casting Crowns
Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Florida girl trying to find my place in this world, while seeking my Savior and discovering who I am in Him and the unconditional love and grace that he so lavishly pours on me.