Sunday, April 11, 2010

A weekend of "firsts"

Well, my weekend was full of friends, fun and firsts. To start off my weekend, I was house sitting all last week and went Friday morning to let the dog out.Well, when I was coming out of their house I unfortunately caught the next door neighbor (a guy in his late 40's) running around his car, flapping his arms up and down and making a loud squawking noise...I didn't know if I should just turn around and act like I didn't see him or keep walking to my car...but it was too late...he saw me and just played it off by saying, "yeah..just doing my daily duty of trying to keep these ducks away)...I only saw one duck and it wasn't really even near him (CRAZY MAN)! Then...I went up to my friends' Kresta and Joe Michael's lake house (first time since its been done) and just relaxed on the patio (it was beautiful) and we (Kresta and I) got JM's truck stuck in sand..(again, first time I've ever gotten a truck stuck in sand). Saturday I ran 3.5 miles for the first time ever (and I'm paying for it as I write this..my legs are killing me) and used a saw cutting tree thing (have NO idea what its really called) to help a friend get the moss out of their trees (great arm workout by the way). Then, Sat night I had friends over and we sat around my dining room table (first time I've had people sit around my table...I live alone so I never get to eat at a table w/ people) so it was really nice and it was my first time not burning brownies...they weren't great...but they weren't burnt :) Then today was my small groups first time being in their new Family Life Center...so we played volleyball and did some team building activities (which were fun but took way to long). All in all it was a great weekend! Hope you all had a great one as well! Enjoy your Monday...I literally have to psych myself out for Mondays on Sunday nights!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Megan! I just saw on facebook that you had a blog! yay! I'm adding you to my blog under my friends lists if that's ok with you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging, Megan! I love it! You're insightful, funny and in general very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just chechin out the life of megan, which could be posted on facebook, but has the time to work 2 jobs, school, church and still get on the computer to blog about stuff and see what everybody else is doing on facebook..enjoyed this talk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've eaten with you at your table before. I guess I'm not people ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, i meant as a group gin!...but YES..you count!

    ReplyDelete

Meg's Picks

http://www.jango.com/music/Casting+Crowns?l=0

Oh Glorious Day!-Casting Crowns
Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Florida girl trying to find my place in this world, while seeking my Savior and discovering who I am in Him and the unconditional love and grace that he so lavishly pours on me.