Saturday, June 19, 2010

In the middle of nowhere

After a 16 hour trip up to Michigan yesterday, we arrived just in time for a horrible storm. About 3 hours from Michigan the sky went from being beautifully painted with reds, blues and purples to producing a dark, eerie feel...that of which is usually followed up by a horrible storm and this was no different. After stopping to get some dinner, the rain started coming, winds started blowing and things started flying. The highway became filled with nothing but headlights and a mixture of water and wind passing with every car. After finally arriving, getting settled and letting the excitement from the long drive die down, I was finally able to fall fast asleep. This morning was spent enjoying a beautiful setting, (that which was much different from last night's), a cup of coffee and a nice walk around the property. We soon got in gear, took showers and then headed into "town" (by that I mean, 2 streets that intersect right in front of a Harley shop and a pub) for lunch. This place is so desolate yet peaceful. As we were walking through the property this morning my dad asked how I would describe it and as I began thinking of different one word adjectives, I then realized that walking back in the woods was a lot like walking through life. Sometimes, although people are around you, you feel alone. Sometimes, you come to a fork in the road and after taking a certain route, you realize halfway down it that it wasn't the best route. Sometimes the scenery (along w/ life) is peaceful, enjoyable and relaxing and sometimes its full of mud (my shoes got COVERED in it). In the end though, you probably wish you had taken it in more, done things differently but overall, hopefully enjoyed it! Anyways...after lunch we went and toured a little town that was so quaint and charming, followed by a drive through a nearby nursery that had a few lakes throughout it, swans and beautiful flowers. Once home, we rested, I caught up on some reading and enjoyed watching the deer walk across the front lawn as dusk came. This day was filled with exploring, relaxing and enjoying...just what I needed!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like home to me! Of course Michigan and Wisconsin are kind of sisters :-) Anyway I completely agree with you about the walking through life analogy. Back home we have a quarry that we used to go to and just sit. I LOVE walking in the woods. Well I hope the rest of your trip is just as wonderful! Miss ya...Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Megan,
    Sounds wonderful, and I am hoping that it is cooler than it is here!!!.
    I was thinking that God's beauty is all around us, everywhere you look, if you do see Him, it's not His fault. Praying for your safe return.
    Love & Miss You
    Mr frank & Ms Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Meg's Picks

http://www.jango.com/music/Casting+Crowns?l=0

Oh Glorious Day!-Casting Crowns
Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Florida girl trying to find my place in this world, while seeking my Savior and discovering who I am in Him and the unconditional love and grace that he so lavishly pours on me.