Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's been way too long!

It has been way too long since my last entry so I will try to keep this short and then post some more in the next few days. Things have been crazy lately, between taking 5 classes, working, small group, interning, and everything in between. Since my last post I am now a year older, (I know you can tell by how mature my writing is this time...yeah, right! :) went on a surprise trip with Jared to Atlanta, am more than half way through my LAST semester of college, have started a small group with Jared, AND have gotten a new job (that I start in a week)! Whew...that's a LOT! Birthday was wonderful, the trip to Atlanta was adventurous (J surprised me by taking me zip-lining...and I'm deathly afraid of heights, but it was a blast) and we also went to the World of Coke, over-ate and just enjoyed not having to worry about school! I can't believe I'm 4 weeks out from graduating! I've been talking with numerous people about this lately...about having the feeling of accomplishment but at the same time having the feeling of "oh my goodness, now what?!" But God (like always) has been my strength and has shown me not to trust in myself but HIM (and I'm so glad that I do)...I'm so glad that he's in charge of everything in my life because it makes enjoying my life that much better! Work is wonderful and I LOVE the people I work with, but come May our job will end for the summer so I thought since I was graduating I should start looking for a "big girl" job and once again, God gave me the perfect job! I will be working for a local defense contracting company and am so excited!! Because we are in the season of Lent our church asked that everyone either join a small group, create one or continue in the one you're currently in during this period...so Jared and I decided to start one for people ages 20-30 and what a blessing it has been! I have thoroughly enjoyed worrying about if we're going to have enough food on a Wed. night, inviting new people to come and just getting to know people and dig into the word even more! I can't say anything else but God is good...all the time and I know that I need to let go of worrying, have faith and that God is going to take care of me because I am his and he is mine! What could be better?!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you are feeling! I am so excited to be graduating in 4 weeks, but at the same time I ask the same question "What now?" Even though I know what God wants me to do with my degree and career, I am not sure what/where his next step is for me. Like you said, I have to keep the faith and rely on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that some people still center their lives on God (crudely put, I know). I'm gratified to know that young adults get together to share their faith, read God's Word, lean on God, ask Him for direction, and trust that He leads them where they ought to go.
    He wants only the best for us...
    So as I approach graduation I will also trust that He leads me into an appropriate job and career.
    Proverbs 3

    ReplyDelete

Meg's Picks

http://www.jango.com/music/Casting+Crowns?l=0

Oh Glorious Day!-Casting Crowns
Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Florida girl trying to find my place in this world, while seeking my Savior and discovering who I am in Him and the unconditional love and grace that he so lavishly pours on me.