Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm a grown-up!


There's so much to catch up on and I've been thinking about updating my blog for awhile now, but it wasn't until today when a friend said something about it that really made me sit down and start writing (thanks Amy). You might be confused by my title seeing as how I seem to be stating the obvious, but it wasn't until recently when I've realized that I'm now officially a grown-up! Maybe I now consider myself one because I've graduated college, or maybe because I have a grown-up job, where I have to work 40 hours or week (sad, right?!) Well, seeing as how I haven't updated in a while, maybe its time I fill you in on what's been happening recently and how the Lord's been working in my life. I graduated May 1st from FSU PC with a degree in Professional Communication and two weeks prior to that got a big girl job! I am now an Associate Analyst at a local defense contracting company and although I wanted to cry almost everyday for the first 4 or so weeks (who knew there could be so many acronyms!!), I can now say I LOVE my job! I also have been chosen as my company's representative to apply for Leadership Bay (I'll find out if I got accepted in a few weeks) and would love the opportunity to participate in this community wide program. I have received blessing after blesssing and know that it all only comes from the Lord. In addition to these blessings, the Lord's really been moving in me and teaching me patience (still), and most importantly to use every opportunity to serve him, whether its at work, with friends, or at church. I know that God's work is never done in me, and I am always wanting to improve myself...even though I know no matter what I do, it will never be good enough (thank God for grace and mercy...literally), I strive to better myself and serve him with every opportunity so that one day I can hear the words "well done, my GOOD and FAITHFUL servant." I'm hoping to update this more often and who knows...maybe through some cooking catastrophe stories of mine in there every once in awhile..just to provide you all with a good laugh!

1 comment:

  1. "God's work is never done in me, and I am always wanting to improve myself... I strive to better myself and serve him with every opportunity"

    I admire you for your faithful discipleship, as I do not expend the effort that I could to improve myself as a person and as a Christian disciple.

    Glad that you're back to blogging.
    Now update your "about me" blurb.

    ReplyDelete

Meg's Picks

http://www.jango.com/music/Casting+Crowns?l=0

Oh Glorious Day!-Casting Crowns
Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Florida girl trying to find my place in this world, while seeking my Savior and discovering who I am in Him and the unconditional love and grace that he so lavishly pours on me.