Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm NOT a morning person, but....

Well, hello there! This is my first blog and I must say, I can probably already tell you what you're thinking! "Why would a single, young woman have a blog?...I mean really, what could be so interesting that she thinks she needs to share it with others?" Well, I'll tell you that in the past month or so, I've had some strange things happen to me and after sharing them with some of you and hearing you guys suggest that I should blog about these things, I decided to take your advice!
So...I'll start off by telling you something odd that happened to me about a month ago. It was a Friday morning and I woke up thinking "did I just hear my doorbell ring or did I dream that?" So after a minute or two of contemplating whether or not I should go check it out, I decided to wrap myself in a blanket, run to the door and listen to see if I could hear anything. After a second or two of not really hearing anything, I looked out my front window only to find my house and street were surrounded by LH police...(now, I don't know what time it was but I could tell from the little bit of sunshine that came through my window it was early, and for those of you that don't know this yet, I am NOT a morning person!!!) SO...anyways, I ran back, got dressed (well, I was still looking pretty rough) but anyways, and went outside to find two officers coming from my back yard. I asked them what was going on and after telling me that they had been ringing my doorbell and banging on my door for about 10 minutes, they said they were chasing a suspect on foot and he jumped my fence and ran into my back yard. Then, (this is where its just down right dumb) one of the officers got real close to me and said, "now honey, if you see someone walking around your house and they don't have a LHPD uniform on, you need to holler real loud!" Now, I know I'm not a morning person, and looking as young and raggedy as I did, one might think I was incompetent of completely understanding what was going on, but give me a break people...a 5 year old would know that!! So...I told the officer I would and eventually went back into my house, looked out into my backyard to find 2 officers in it, an officer on the roof of the house across from me, one on my roof and one on the roof caddy corner! All that to say that after looking at a clock and realizing it was 5:30 in the morning and eventually watching as the police drove away, I finally fell back asleep, only to wake up later and think, "really, how could that police officer have thought I was that dumb?!" In the end, the suspect was caught, I now have a crazy story to tell and will definitely be considering getting something to use as a weapon (maybe a bat?!) so you better watch out!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I would have been scared, I would've armed myself with a gun....I do live just a hop, skip, and a jump from the jail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the story, even the second time!! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Meg's Picks

http://www.jango.com/music/Casting+Crowns?l=0

Oh Glorious Day!-Casting Crowns
Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Florida girl trying to find my place in this world, while seeking my Savior and discovering who I am in Him and the unconditional love and grace that he so lavishly pours on me.